From Star Wars Theory:
“Hayden gets the most hate in Star Wars because of his role in the prequels (Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith). I think he played him perfectly, and here’s why… He was supposed to be monotone, moody, and confused. He was supposed to be numb and callous. Everything someone who’s depressed, held back, and emotionally beaten coming from a life of slavery should be. I can’t see anyone else playing Anakin now.”
“Ahsoka. Anakin. The Separatists. The Republic.
We love Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
Lucasfilm announced today that it’s celebrating the landmark 10th anniversary of the beloved CG animated series with a panel at San Diego Comic-Con. Dave Filoni, supervising director, and special guests will share a look back at the show and its many incredible stories. The panel will be held at the San Diego Convention Center on Thursday, July 19, 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. in room 6BCF. We can’t wait.
In the summer of 2008, Star Wars: The Clone Wars made its debut, following young Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano and her master Anakin Skywalker during the Clone Wars — along with clones, Sith, senators, Jedi, and more heroes and villains of a galaxy far, far away. The show was created and executive produced by George Lucas and shepherded by Filoni, further exploring the characters of the films, while introducing some major new ones. Running for six seasons, Star Wars: The Clone Wars became an Emmy winner and a generation’s entry point into the saga, and changed Star Wars forever.”
“Author Timothy Zahn is back with the highly-anticipated follow-up to last year’s bestselling Thrawn novel. This time, Grand Admiral Thrawn and Darth Vader must join forces on a mission for the Empire. But it’s not the first time the two have crossed paths.
StarWars.com is proud to bring you the first look at and listen of the forthcoming novel, Thrawn: Alliances, with an audio clip once again narrated by Marc Thompson. Plus, we have a sneak peek at the Thrawn and Anakin art that will grace the cover of the convention exclusive edition of the book at San Diego Comic Con in a few weeks.
In this exclusive excerpt below, we find a young Anakin on a personal quest when he crosses paths with a mysterious commander from the Chiss Ascendancy…
From The Sun:
“EWAN McGregor is set to return as Obi-Wan Kenobi in the next Star Wars movie.
He will film scenes for the finale of the sequel trilogy directed by JJ Abrams, sources in Los Angeles said.
Star Wars fans will have mixed feelings as they have been hoping for a full-scale Obi-Wan spin-off from Disney.
Scot Ewan, 47, last played Obi-Wan in 2005’s Revenge Of The Sith.
A source said: “Ewan will secretly film for the next Star Wars movie.
“Disney have been mulling over a stand-alone film for Obi-Wan. There have been concerns about getting the story right.” […]”
From The Playlist:
“[…] To weigh in a bit more and confuse matters, here’s what I’ve heard from a Disney source, at least six months ago, but never reported and I’m going to stress I have no confirmation, so we’ll have to treat as hard rumor. I was told long ago that Stephen Daldry was off the project and not directing the Obi-Wan film. Is that why confirmation was never given, or anything was announced? It’s a good guess, but none of us really know.
I’d also heard, and granted, I found this to be fairly dubious at the time, was that the Obi-Wan film was going to be saved for Disney’s upcoming unnamed subscription-based streaming service; the one they hope to compete against Netflix with.
Now, that’s a great idea. What way to make a gigantic splash with a new streaming service than to announce that a new “Star Wars” film is coming and only subscribers of the service—much like a Netflix-only exclusive—would be able to see the movie. I’m sure Disney has some kind of plans like that in the works, but whether or not that’s the Obi-Wan movie, I’m not sure I’d place that bet. […]”
From ABC News:
“Hold up, “Star Wars” fans.
Reports of the death of future standalone films from that galaxy far, far away (like “Solo,” “Rogue One” and a rumored — but never-announced — Obi-Wan Kenobi project) appear to be premature, and speculative at best.
Lucasfilm sources on Thursday characterized as “inaccurate” a report that future “Star Wars” movies falling outside of the regular trilogy storyline (Episodes I to IX) have been put on hold in the wake of the box office under-performance of “Solo: A Star Wars Story.”
Instead, Lucasfilm told ABC News there are still “multiple” Star Wars films currently in development that have not been officially announced. Those projects are moving forward separate from an already-announced “Star Wars” trilogy being overseen by “The Last Jedi” director Rian Johnson and another series of movies from “Game of Thrones” producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. […]
ABC News and Lucasfilm are both part of parent company Disney.”
From The Mary Sue‘s Katrina Jagelski:
“[…] George Lucas was attempting to create something of an atypical examination of light and dark with the prequel trilogy, but found his vision muddied by a convoluted story and incredibly racist stereotypes that gutted his commentary on toxic masculinity. […]”
The article doesn’t explain this serious accusation.